Thursday 18 March 2010

another one bites the dust

Dear Jez

Thank you so much for applying to take part in THE STORY WORKS. I’m really sorry that it has taken us so long to come back to you but we’ve been inundated with applications, which made it enormously hard to make decisions.

You were longlisted, but I’m afraid that we have now taken the difficult decision not to shortlist you. I hope it goes without saying that this is no reflection on you at all, just a response to the overwhelmingly high level of experience in the writers who came forward.

We’re planning to set up open sessions with some of The Story Works speakers at the Edinburgh International Film Festival in June, so please keep an eye on our website if you're interested in coming along. I hope very much to see you at the Festival.

Very best wishes,
Kate Kate Leys
Project Director
The Story Works

Edinburgh International Film Festival16th - 27th June 2010
Email: thestoryworks@edfilmfest.org.uk

______________________________________________

To be honest I wasn't holding out much hope for this one as I always felt there would be quality applicants with more experience, that this scheme would probably be looking for. Nevertheless, cool to be longlisted (whatever that means!)

Anyone get any better news from this or any other schemes knocking about? Do let us know

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't make it past the longlist either. Rejection fistbump!!!

Yehudah Jez Freedman said...

rejections are pretty regular occurrences - I think they need and deserve a special handshake all of their own

Anonymous said...

It's okay I was using my freakishly misshapen lobster hand for the rejection fistbump.

Yehudah Jez Freedman said...

well now I feel silly - stange that I missed that

toby said...

Why is her name Kate Kate ?

Yehudah Jez Freedman said...

There is a slight chance that it may have been a formatting error and typo on my part. But so as not to embarrass me further, I encourage her to change her name