Monday 6 July 2009

End of the Road to Elstree

I didn't make the cut for the Writers' Academy workshops.

It's frustrating not to get any feedback at this stage, but I totally understand that the numbers would just make it too difficult. I know I did all I could. And therefore could not have done any more (if you know what I mean)

It wasn't meant to be, and I'll probably accept that over the next couple of days or so.

For now I'd quite like to get blind drunk... except I am tee total.

So commiserations to all those who didn't make it and massive congratulations to those who did. You better write bloody good episodes or I will savage you on this blog.

Just kidding.

4 comments:

Shane Knight said...

Jez, Stay angry. It may help.

Write a comedy, the anger will feed the funny receptors in your brain.

Stay bitter and when the time comes for you to savage those who got thru, you'll do it with such gusto.

Lou said...

I know how you feel. I'm the same. I made it through the first stage but got an email today saying i didn't get any further. Oh well. The BBC aren't the be all and end all of television!

Keep going! :)

Janice Okoh said...

Sorry to hear that. But if you want it. It'll happen.It's just a matter of when.

Yehudah Jez Freedman said...

Cheers Shane, not sure about staying angry - not really my style. But as it happens I am now working on a comedy feature so will throw myself into that.

Hi Lou, sorry to hear that. Best of luck for next year.

Cheers Janice - I hope you're right!